There are currently two bills before the NSW Parliament that are seeking to liberalise abortion.
It is important that we voice our strong opposition to both of these bills by signing this Petition. This matter is urgent! Encourage as many friends and relatives to do the same. Please send signed petitions to the address below by Wednesday, 3 May, 2017.
The first bill – the Abortion Law Reform (Miscellaneous Acts Amendment) Bill 2016 would:
• permit abortion till birth,
• remove the conscience right of doctors to refuse to perform abortions &
• prevent prayer vigils and sidewalk counselling near abortion clinics.
The second bill, the Summary Offences Amendment (Safe Access to Reproductive Health Clinics) Bill 2017 looks to also prevent prayer vigils and sidewalk counselling within 150meters of abortion clinics, and proposes a maximum penalty of $16,500 or 12 months of imprisonment for those who would break it.
What to do
1. Print the attached petition. The petition pages must not be photocopied or printed back to back (single sided only).
2. Signatures may be collected on either of the first or second pages of the petition.
3. Only original petitions, not copies, can be tabled in the Legislative Council. Petitions cannot be sent to Parliament by email or fax.
4. There is no minimum age requirement for signing the petition. However, the person signing must be able to understand what they are doing.
5. Every signature counts so send petitions with one or two signatures.
6. Post petitions to the address below.
Mail Petitions to
The Hon. Greg Donnelly MLC
Member of the Legislative Council
Parliament of New South Wales
SYDNEY NSW 2000
N.B. Do not send the petitions by facsimile or by email. Only original can be tabled in the House.